July 6, 2012

Dialogue Contest

I have been a bad blogger lately. Sorry. I was so immersed into my memoir that I simply couldn't be bothered to do anything except write. Now that I have begun to query I can finally come up for air. So, on to the critique.

On the fourth I went to a pool party at a friend's house. Well, my friend had a knack for snapping photos at the most unlikely of times and she caught me at some hilarious moments. In one picture she captured my daughter and I with the same expression. (Don't ask me what I was doing, I have no idea!) I thought this would be a great picture for dialogue tags. So here it is. In the comments section below, add dialogue tags to this photo. Whoever has the best (most likely the funniest) dialogues will win a one chapter critique from yours truly. I will talk about grammar, plot, and pace, plus mention whether I think it is a good place to begin the story and whether or not it held my attention. Or if you prefer I can critique your query- though I must admit queries are not my strength.

In case you didn't know, my name is Amber and my daughter's name is Willow. Oh and please don't walk on egg shells. I love a good laugh, even at my expense :D

~Amber~

4 comments:

Jeff Hargett said...

Oh, Dad. Six months learning to skywrite just to misspell Mom's name.

Ink in the Book said...

"Shoo! That is something I hope I never have to go through again!" Amber said, as she absently wiped her forehead.

"Mom. Just be thankful you weren't wearing a two-piece, like me," Willow said, rolling her eyes and biting her lip. "Imagine what a belly-flop feels like on bear skin."

"I know, sweetie. I'm starting swimming lessons next week. I'm not putting it off another day."

Amber said...

Haha, so cute. I loved them both. So I'll do a critique for you both if you want. Feel free to send either your query or first chapter to amberkmauldin(@)gmail(dot)com

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Seriously Mom! No matter how loud you whistle, I heard you fart.