March 13, 2013

My WIP (bloghop)

The lovely, oh so wonderful, can't live without her DMs, Jenna, tagged me in a bloghop.

1. What is the title of your book?

THE WITNESS

2. Where did the idea come from?

That's a tough one. I'd say it's a combination of many things. I'm a HUGE Supernatural fan! And I'm a huge fan of The Bible. I think the "idea" hit me at church one day. Or maybe it was just during my personal devotions. I really can't remember at this point :/

3. What genre does your book fall under?

Currently I have it labeled as MG horror, but I'm not SURE that's what it actually is.... It's a dark fantasy, and it has a thriller feel to it. I guess if I had to compare it I'd say it's Percy Jackson meets Goosebumps--but with Biblical truths throughout the fantasy.

4. What actors would you pick to play the parts?

Oh wow. Time for some pics :) I'm on a time crunch (gotta clean before hubs gets home and sees I've been playing ALL DAY) So I'm just gonna throw out my two favorite characters :)

Ryder would have to be: Joel Courtney--isn't he adorable?!
 
 
 
Uncle Al: Allen Mitchum AKA-my brother. From day one he was the Uncle. He looks like he would be a super awesome warrior angel, right?
 
 
 
5. What is a one sentence synop of your book?
 
When twelve-year-old Ryder's visions of the future turn to flashes of his mom's death, he goes on the hunt to stop her murderer.
 
6. Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?
 
Huh? What was that? I didn't hear what you asked. Oh hey, look over there. *points at nothing* *quickly changes the subject*
 
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft?
 
Umm, well I've rewritten this long before finishing. I really love the characters and the adventure, so I want to make sure it's solid. So my first draft--which was heavily edited--took around four months.
 
8. What other books would you compare your story to in your genre?
 
Well, I've already answered that one, I guess. It's a Percy Jackson meets Goosebumps with The Bible thrown in :) Jenna said my main character is like Dean Winchester and Percy Jackson had a kid.
 
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
 
Jesus Christ.
 
10. What else about your book my pique the reader's interest?
 
Hmmm. I don't go more than one chapter between "fight" scenes. Among the "monsters" in my story are a possessed raccoon, horse, spiders, cockatrice, "Ancient", and a monster who shall not be named... dun, dun, dun.
 
Oh, and there are secrets that come out bit by bit throughout the story. Poor Ryder has no clue what's happening around him.
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! And "spiders" is a HUGE understatement. :)

Ink in the Book said...

I think I told yo this before, if not, Hurry and get this published so I can read it to my son!

Matthew MacNish said...

Cool to hear about another project of yours, Amber!