January 5, 2012

Stepping out on faith

I must admit, stepping out on faith was something that came easily and naturally for me.  I've never cared for the 'typical' life, and the chance to do something special was exciting.  With a 'still small voice' whispering in my ear, urging me forward, I sat down in front of my computer and began my first novel, taking my first steps on 'the road less traveled'.

This has been an amazing journey, full of adventure, unbreakable friendships, trials, and death.  No, not my life... my story.  In it I get to walk with Gabriyel and Rhet as they struggle against the temptations and trials set before them by the greatest deceiver, Satan.  Opening with murder, these two must rise back up from their heartache, and stand strong against the forces attacking them.  (Eph6:16) "above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one." 

I am hoping to be finished with my story which I have titled 'Impenetrable', within a few months. 

I have said that taking the first steps is easy, but now, as I see the end drawing near, I have to say that I can sympathise with Peter as he eagerly stepped out onto the water, but then felt fear upon seeing the waves and wind that opposed him and he began to sink. 

Here's to stepping out on faith, and keeping my eyes fixed on Christ.

No comments: