February 6, 2012

BLOGHOP- I'm hearing voices contest

            Yay! I'm so excited to participate in my first bloghop contest.
Characters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers). --the questions are in red.....my answers are in black.   


                                          let the bloghop begin

                             "Characters on the couch"

“What is your biggest vulnerability?”
“Man I dunno. Why you wanna get all deep ‘n stuff? It’s prolly cause I’m so good lookin’. The ladies dig this baby face.”  Kid patted his cheek and flashed a devilish grin.  He did in fact have a baby face. Though he claimed to be over three hundred years old, he looked closer to ten.
“Do others know this or is it a secret?”
“Pssh.  Can’t keep nottin’ from Steve. That freak’s always up in my head. But, I guess any of you’s with eyes can see how good lookin’ I am.”  He winked.
“What do people believe about you that is false?”
“People don’t believe I’m really three hundred. But one thang I aint’, is no liar.”
“What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?”
Kid rolled his eyes.  “Well I ‘aint sayin’ I gots a best friend ‘n all; that mess is for sissy’s. But Steve would say I don’t let people in, or some stupid pansy junk like that. And as for why, I don’t know. This is so stupid. Next question,” he demanded.
“What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?”
“Aww, man. You’re killin’ me. You's girls is all the same. I aint’ got no redeemin’ whatcha-ma-call-its. But I’m sure Steve would say I’m funny.” Leaning in he said, “I am pretty funny you know. We should hang some time.” He nodded, looking her up and down then fell back in his chair, throwing one arm over the side.
“What do you want most? What will you do to get it?”

“Ah, hell, I dunno. I guess I just wanna be left alone. But I’m freakin’ cursed. At this point I’d do ‘bout any-thang to get outta this. Now, enough with the chattin’, how’s bout’s we grab a bite?”




And that's my interview on the couch. Hope you enjoyed meeting Kid.

16 comments:

Jade Hart said...

lol, I can so see Kid doing this. Great way to capture his voice Amber! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sensing a southern drawl. LOL I love him already! Anyone who can pull off writing a southern drawl deserves a big huge cake. Right on a table where everyone can see! How awesome would that be? :D

I'm also picturing him laid back with his arm stretched on a seat next to him with his legs up!

Awesome character! Good work! :)

Angela Cothran said...

Amber--Kid's voice is so STRONG in this post! I love it :) He is fascinating. I can't imagine spending 300 years looking like a 10 year old. Crazy!

Jess said...

Ooh I love it! And like Angela said, I can't imagine a 300 year old looking 10!!

Amber said...

Yeah, he's pretty bitter. And since he can't get respect, he's not too good at giving it.

Krista McLaughlin said...

Sounds like a very interesting character!

Amber said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. I love this character! Kid is one of those characters that you just don't know if you love him or hate him. You don't even know which side he stands on -good, or evil- because he's not even sure which side he wants to be on. But eventually he makes a choice. A very shocking choice...dun, dun, dun. :D hahaha (Jade, do you like my mini spoiler? :)

Leigh Covington said...

Love it Amber! I totally loved meeting Kid! What an awesome character. Great voice too! Amazing job!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Watch yourself Amber, I think Kid was totally hitting on you! Pretty cool when your own creation comes to life and hits on you, eh?
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. You made my evening!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I totally see Kid as Jack sees him. "Aw, you're killing me" cracked me up. And Elizabeth thought like I did : Kid was hitting on you. Watch out! Roland

dolorah said...

I did enjoy meeting Kid, he's way cool. I love his "voice". I've a feeling there is a whole lot more depth to him than he's displaying here - like a defense mechanism.

I am intrigued.

......dhole

Amber said...

@Donna- oh yeah there's a lot more to him. He's from a different planet and he has some pretty awesome abilities.

Cassie Mae said...

Haha, I love how he just flat out said this was stupid and demanded the next question! Awesome. Really strong voice and I liked the accent.

French?

Haha! I'm totally kidding :D

DLGardner said...

He's a funny one alright. Good job on the interview.

Unknown said...

Loved how you wrote exactly like this he would talk! Definitely had his own way of speaking, which really defines the character!

Hywela Lyn said...

I enjoyed hearing Kid's reactions, what a fascinating character!