September 29, 2012

Dark days and suffering

Recently a writer friend of mine experienced a tragedy in her family. Even though I've never met her, my heart breaks for her and her family in this time of need. I understand suffering. I've seen my share of sorrow and that's why I'm so burdened for the pain they're enduring.

At times this life can seem so difficult I've wondered if there would ever be blue skies again. I was so lost in the dark days that I couldn't see past it. Those are the times when I turned to the bible because I needed comfort that no person could give. God never promised an easy life--the bible is very clear about suffering. What he does promise is that if you are a believer, you will never suffer alone.

ISAIAH 41:10-"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you in my righteous right hand."

ROMANS 5:3- "Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;"

And so I leave you all with a new song I've fallen in love with--one that is fitting for this situation. I ask you to keep my friend and her family in your prayers--God will know who and what you're praying about. <3 Thank you!


~Amber~

5 comments:

Ink in the Book said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
I am praying for the family.

Anonymous said...

Your post and Plumb's song says it all. So many of us need Him now. So glad I read this today.

Amber said...

Thank you both!!!!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

What a pretty song. And you're so right...pain will come, but He will see us through.

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey Amber,

Very sad to hear your friend and her family is suffering at this time.

I'll send out your request to our church prayer warriors, and your friend's family will be in our family's prayers and thoughts.

Best wishes.