March 20, 2013

One year ago...

I was going through some old posts and I came to this one 'One of those days'. It's always amazed me how everything falls into place when it's meant to--when God plans for it to.

I've always struggled with patience, and the lack there of. Being a writer means having to wait for the just right story, time, and person. And it's hard at times. Sometimes you just feel defeated. I imagine that's how I felt a year ago when I wrote that post. The future can be scary.

But it shouldn't be. This is why faith is essential to my life. Faith is what gets me through those dark days when I feel like nothing is turning out like I planned.

Someone once said, (and I'm paraphrasing b/c I don't know who exactly said it) "Life is like a puzzle. We have all of these random pieces that don't make sense. We try to fit some pieces together but they don't go together. It's hard to understand why we have the pieces we have and not the pieces we want. BUT GOD HAS THE TOP OF THE BOX. HE SEES THE ENTIRE PICTURE. HE GIVES US THE PIECES WE NEED AT THAT MOMENT."

Looking back, it's easy for me to see that both my writing and my faith weren't ready. I'm so glad I didn't give up and throw in the towel.

I took every rejection as God's way of saying, "You're not ready yet."

I've taken this year and really focused on who God is and who He wants me to be. Now don't misunderstand, I am still a flawed human being. The point is, I'm a better human being. I'm a stronger Christian. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm glad God doesn't make it easy for me. I like that He challenges me on a daily basis to improve.

And now, after two years of hitting a brick wall, God has cut out a window for me. I know He hasn't forgotten me and I know it wasn't all in vain.

So for all of you struggling today, chin up. He loves you and He hasn't forgotten you.



~Amber

No comments: